Re-modelling, Upgrading or Extending Your Home
Does your property need a face lift? Just need for more space for your family? Or did you buy a "fixer-upper"? Whatever your reason for wanting to do some work on your property, extending or re modelling your home offers many value for money options & advantages over moving house.
Under certain circumstances, you may also be able to get some kind of financial help from the government in the form of Grants or Loans & even create Tax Free income for making your home more energy efficient or moving towards using more renewable energy.
Reasons to upgrade
- Control over budget & expenses
- No Conveyancing fees
- No moving costs
- No 'chain' of buyers & sellers
- No need to pack up and leave an area that you like
- Make your existing house the house of your dreams & add more market value to it
Did you know?
- 9 out of 10 garages in the UK don't get used for a car.
- Building a conservatory is estimated to add over 10% to the value of a property.
- Adding a loft conversion is estimated to add over 10% to the value of a property.
- The Kitchen (add 4.5% value) & Bathroom (2%+ value added) are favourite UK internal upgrades.
- Losing a bedroom can devalue your property.
- The cost of adding a new basement room is likely to have the highest cost per sq foot of construction.
- Adding a front parking space in a busy urban area can be great value for money.
- Bedroom upgrades offer the lowest return on investment.
The cost of any particular type of home improvement clearly depends on what you are having done, but can also be influenced by where you live, how busy the contractor is, what type of workmanship & product guarantees you find necessary.