Re-vamping Your Bedroom
For many families, these are the rooms that can be more than just a place to sleep, it can very often be a kind of sanctuary where you can relax and expect a decent degree of privacy - families with teenage children often find that their offspring want to virtually live there and where space can sometimes be limited, having a well thought out and designed bedroom can make all the difference.
Building fitted wardrobes is what might come to mind first, but with specialised bedroom designers you could be surprised at what can be done with even the smallest room to maximise the available space that you have, and at a reasonable cost.
Features & Benefits
- Make the best use of your space
- Increase the desirability of your property
- Full Planning, Design & Installation Services
- Budget to Bespoke designs available
- Guarantees & Warranties on work & furniture
To give you some initial ideas, browse around for catalogues or maybe magazine features because Bedroom design is not only the bed, side table & dresser - consider the wall coverings, ceilings, mood-lighting, spotlights or even audio visual entertainment. Carpets & flooring also play a big part, as do window coverings.
Decide the main items you want to include at the initial planning such as:
- Type of Storage (wardrobe walk-in, free standing)
- Built-in furniture or free standing (Cabinets, Dressers, Night Stands)
- Paint or paper the walls
- Floor Covering (how much wear will it get? Easy to clean?)
- Electrical appliances (how many power outlets needed?)
You can also increase the feeling of space by well-placed mirrors and by keeping the colour scheme light & avoiding heavy drapes.
One idea for a new bedroom style is to wait for a Sale or Special Offer as bargains can be found - also ask installers about "ex-display" models from their showrooms if you are on a budget.