Multi-fold & Bifold Patio Doors
If you are considering installing Patio Doors to your property and want to enjoy the maximum opening and clear space then multi-fold or bi-fold designs would be the best option as the glazed panels can be completely folded to the side giving almost 90% of the opening as usable clear space.
The operation of the door is such that the glazed panels are hinged to each other and fold in a concertina fashion to the left & right - they can also stack to the inside or outside of the room. Movement is easy as the panels are mounted into top & bottom roller guide-tracks, which also have an 'anti-lift' feature.
Any glass would need to be British Standard toughened or laminated because it reaches floor level, this is so that in the event of breakage the glass stays in the frame and avoids the danger of serious injury to the occupants of the house.
- Low emissivity glass panes with up to 28mm gap, gas filled double or triple glazed panels will be the best option to maximise energy efficiency,
Bi-fold doors can be found in wood, aluminium, uPVC with a selection of colours to choose from,
Features & Options
- Double/Triple Glazed with gas filled sealed units
- Steel reinforced surround and door frames
- Easy opening & secured with multiple point locks & anti-lif tracks
- Toughened or laminated glass options
- Available in a range of coloured uPVC, Hardwood, Aluminium
Many companies manufacture & install Multi-fold Doors in hardwoods (mahogany, oak, walnut etc), and for those special jobs can offer bespoke customizing solutions.
- More about sliding patio doors & costs here.